Sunday, July 13, 2008

Palmyra New York, Part IV

Tuesday morning, we drove up to Palmyra.  Dad and I did a session in the temple while Jenny and Nina occupied themselves in the area.  That's Nina in the front there.

I learned some interesting tidbits about the temple.  It was built on the original property of the Smith farm.  There is an art glass window which you see straight ahead as you walk in the door that overlooks the sacred grove.

DSCN2158

The view of the Sacred Grove   from the window.

After a picnic lunch, we toured the Smith homes and then the Sacred Grove.

DSCN2184

DSCN2183

DSCN2186-1

DSCN2161

DSCN2180

DSCN2174

DSCN2160

DSCN2167

DSCN2181

DSCN2165

DSCN2168

DSCN2163

Then we went to Hill Cumorah (sorry no pictures) and drove back to Jenny's house.

DSCN2146-1

Wednesday we did a little more Family History work and got ready for the LONG drive back to Texas.  It was a great trip and I really enjoyed spending time with the Rahrs.

 

4 comments:

Laura Stringham said...

That last photo of Nina reminds me a lot of Jenny. Your photos are stunning! It makes me want to visit.

Lynda/Mom said...

Nina is such a little cutie. Thanks for sharing. I had forgotten about the Palmyra temple--it looks like a very nice place to visit.

studiocharm said...

Beautiful, beautiful pictures! I love reading your play by play. Sounds like a fun and inspiring trip. Please, pretty please, put us on your list of visits while you're here in Utah!!

Goodkids said...

You are quite the photographer, Janet. You can add that to your humongous list of talents, Girl! Do we get to see you soon???

Deb

Check out the books I read on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1339262