Wednesday, July 15, 2009

And the winner is…

So, I’m having a difficult time trying to decide how to lay out my tiles for the bathroom countertop.  I’m using 12” slate tiles.  You can sort of see them here:

clip_image002

 

The new sink is more oval, so it is wider and not as deep.  Here are the two layouts I’m contemplating.

 

Choice A:

Countertop Choice A

 

Choice B:

Countertop Choice B

 

Which do you like better?

15 comments:

Joanne said...

I go with choice A.

John L said...

since you have a square pattern of tile on the floor, I would go with b. the diagonal pattern would be kinda wierd in contrast with the square on the floor. but then again I'm not a designer, so my opinon isn't all that great anyways.

jared and mary 2 said...

I like the diagonal much better. I think it would potentially look funny with the floor, but it might also kind of set of the counter and define the space. Lay it out as best you can and see if it's clownish.

Lynda/Mom said...

I'm with the diagonal folks--makes the space look larger and I just like it better. But it is more work. Aunt Lynda

Lynda/Mom said...

OK, I reread Jared's comment. I don't think it would look funny with the floor at all. The color is different, and it is just boring with everything the same pattern. A strong vote here for the diagonal.

Andrea said...

I like the diagonal.

Austin's Mommy said...

I would tend to lean towards the diagonal also.

scott said...

I side with choice A crowd too.

Andrew and Liz Orton said...

I like the diagonal as well. I think it's easier on the eyes. I also think that if the grout gets dirty it won't be AS noticeable.

Sandy Brunson said...

I like A. I'm firmly in that camp.

MaryAnn said...

I am also for choice A and agree with Aunt Lynda, it would not look weird with the floor.

Barbara said...

Here's another choice A/diagonal vote. I don't think there would be any problem between the countertop and the floor. They generally don't "match" anyway, and I don't think most people would look at one then the other and think they should be the same pattern.

Jenny R said...

I like diagonal. But I like things that are not too standard. ;)

Laura Stringham said...

Count me as another vote for the diagonal. I'm excited to see it finished.

Tamara Robertson Turner said...

I vote diagonal too. I was tempted to cote for the square since John is all by his lonesome in that category, but I really to think that if you put it on the bias, it will look great.

Check out the books I read on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1339262