Monday, June 30, 2008

Indianapolis

The Drive

Some things I learned or remembered about car trips:

  1. Texas is a very big state
  2. Books on CD are a wonderful thing
  3. Books on CD are even better when you've ripped them all and have them stored on your compact 30-gig Zune
  4. When you drink a lot, you have to stop a lot
  5. After a 13-hour drive on day one, an eight-hour drive on day two feels like not much
  6. It is nice to let your dad do most of the driving while you take cozy naps in the passenger seat
  7. I don't like Motel 6
  8. Earplugs make sharing a motel room with a snorer a much more pleasant experience

The Arrival

Not ours, hers.  We were able to visit Spencer, Lila, and Miriam in the hospital the evening we got into Indianapolis and the day Miriam was born.  Miriam was, of course, all soft and cuddly and melt-yDSCN2093our-heart newborn.  She had an amazingly round head and nice skin for being less than a day old.   I've seen quite a few shortly after arrival and they are usually all splotchy with funny shaped heads--in an adorable sort of way of course.  Lila was amazingly cheerful--much more amiable than I would have been after a long night with no sleep.  Spencer was as happy as I've seen him.  They'll make great parents.

 

The Robinsons

We enjoyed playing with Michelle and Eliza and the Robinson DSCN2103Clan.  They are fun kids with unique abilities.  We played games, read books, swung on the swing set, told stories,  painted toes, played basketball, got wet at the sprinkler park, had a picnic, grilled pizza, and otherwise had fun family time.  DSCN2102

 

 

 

 

 

DSCN2105

 

DSCN2100

 

 

 

DSCN2104-1

 

 

No comments:

Check out the books I read on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1339262