Cherry pie is one of my absolute favorites. This year I came across the best recipe yet. It's definitely a keeper.
1 can dark, sweet cherries
1 can red, tart cherries
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Line a pie plate with pie crust. Drain cherries, reserving liquid. Combine sugar, flour, and salt in a saucepan. Add 1 cup cherry liquid and ring to a boil, stirring with a wire whisk. When sauce thickens, reduce to simmer and cook for 5 minutes, still stirring. Remove from heat and add butter and almond extract. Add drained cherries and pour into crust. Dot with butter. Weave top crust. Coat top crust with beaten egg white and sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes. (Again, I used crust saver to keep crust golden).
The combination of the two cherries was delicious and this pie was not overcooked and soggy like some get. Yum, yum!
4 comments:
Looks good. I'm more of a cream pie person myself but I like fruit pies too. I really just wanted to leave a comment because I love getting them. It actually makes me want to blog more. Love you!
Sounds good, and looks good! Wish you were here to make it though. I don't want to spend the time. I still miss your baking and I haven't tasted of your baking in years!
Yummy! I also LOVE a good cherry pie!
I'd like a taste too--can you arrange that somehow?
Post a Comment